My photo
Hi my name is DeeDee and this is my personal Craft Journal...This is where I will post the multitude of crafts that I do...A few personal things might slip in here and there but for the most part I am a crafter/ designer and that is what you will see....Comment if you like, I would love the to hear from you....make today your day to stop and craft it away....

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Victorian Advent Calendar




   I went to a crop with a local scrapbook club and we worked on these advent calendars...I have not made one of these before but mine quickly started to come together into a form that I just loved. And I used up lots of little things I had in my stash. The lace corners are from a christmas bulb cover gone bad, now saved and reused, the red buld that makes number 18 has a earring hook that broke off a old one I had, now it is the bulb hook....I just love this...all the squares are on magnets so they can be removed...I will work on this more when I get my family picture done...So when you remove the very last square you will see a picture of me and my family with a holiday greeting...


   So it will serve double duty as a advent calendar and holiday picture frame all in one...I will be making a match box to hold all my squares safely as they are removed each day of December...and also noticed this can be used year after year....it is timeless....Happy Holidays....

6 comments:

Venus said...

Love your advent calendar. Does each square have a surprise picture underneath? you'll have to post and let us know how your cookie exchange went. Did you get pictures!

Proper Prim said...

How adorable... so many interesting little pieces... I love it.

T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh my! DeeDee, your advent calendar is adorable! It's so great that you could use up things that others might throw away. Did you make it in a cookie sheet? Looks so very cool. Hope you are having a great day! :) Tammy

Jody said...

What is not to love? a fantastic Advent calendar and using your little "cannot throw away" treasures to create it.... giggle..... Dee, you are the best ;o)

LINDA said...

WOW!! This is Fantastic..So much work must have went into this..Love it..
Hugs, Linda

Brenda said...

love it!! You did an awesome job on this!
hugs
Brenda