Monday, December 7, 2009

Magic Reindeer Food

My friend Venus sent me her version of this and I asked if I could "clone and own it" (a quote I learned from my other friend Judy...loved it.)  for mine...my grandkids will just have a blast doing this. I have been trying to make them interactive things for this year to help get them in the holiday spirit too...so here is my version...not real fancy..but I must admit..this was perfect for me since I made oatmeal scotchies for my cookie swap this year and I also have had some red and green sugars in my pantry for atleast a few years...so I am glad to be able to not buy anything to make this gift for them and to use up some stuff I had around here..





 I purchased the letter ornies from micheals and personalized them for my kidos.

the poem that goes with these reads:

Just sprinkle on your yard at night



The moon will make it sparkle bright.


As Santa's reindeer fly and roam


This treat will guide them to your home!


I put a couple spoonfuls of oats and a few sprinkles of red sugar in the bag.
 
 
isn't this just the funnest thing...Thanks Venus...this rounds out the gifts I am sending to my grandkids this year.  they will enjoy  some fun activities to bring the season to thier home. Hopefully it will snow so the red and green will shine thru. Happy Holidays....

4 comments:

Venus said...

Oh my goodness DeeDee. You took my basic idea and greatly improved upon it. I'm glad you liked it. I'm hoping I get pictures of my grandies sprinkling theirs on the ground so I can scrap the pictures.

Jody said...

Gosh Dee, those came out just too pretty for your grandkids....giggle..... love the look

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That is fun! My kids are too old for that now but I am sure your grandkids will get a kick out of it. When I was growing up and we would go to my Mamaw's in Missisippi for Christmas, on Christmas Eve we could hear Santa's reindeers bells overhead after we had gone to bed. It was helicopter that had a microphone to make the sound of the jingle bells so that all of us good boys and girls in bed would know that Santa was on his way. :) Have a great day! Tammy

Brenda said...

Great job gf! Your gradkids will love putting this out!
hugs
Brenda