Thursday, July 14, 2011

Where Bloggers Create 2011


I took the plunge and signed on to have my room on

Where Bloggers Create 2011

Thanks for hosting such a fun event Karen




My Desert Cottage

My room isn't going to compare with most you will see,
But I wanted to share the link so you can take
The tour of rooms, spaces and places
including mine

Turn on the lights and come on in


Here is where I sit and talk to you all
My organized mess


I have been working on my organiztion
And started to finally decorate my studio
I am a such a multi-crafter I need many different kinds
Of organization for several different supplies


I got this fun storage idea at my favorite local craft hang out


I love the chalkboard papers for this
I can change the lables in a flash


This is my craft area.. sewing, scrabooking, Solder, paper mache'
You name it, this is the spot I create it


Some of my fun accessories
And my beautiful pin cushion I won awhile back
I am so happy to be to the decorating stage
In my Studio


My Storage wall, and yes I do know where everything
Is up there.. although all needs to be labeled still
And a bit or splash decorating here


I loved this idea when I seen it
This holds my small bits and  pieces
Of laces and trims
Thay cannot be wrapped on the cards
Made with a pants hanger and a new grill rack
And some small clips with hooks
Purchased at JoAnn's

My family joins me where ever I am
I have pictures all thru my house
Of my family


More fun stuff to decorate
Even the store bought lamp gets a splash of fun
And I love to recycle things into other needs
Such as my glue bottle holder
Keeps my glue ready to use always


And my personal work space
I always have atleast one project on the table
Usually I have a few going on at a time


My other storage wall.. this soon will be painted all black
With modge podged drawers and such..
Come on fall so I can paint some
Wait till next year to see my transfomation


My new invention
A broken computer chair and a broken kitchen chair
Matched up to make a great Studio chair.
Nice and cushy with  suspension
Love it!

All my chairs are done in this manner now
Some major dumpster diving went into
This project...lol.. if people only
Knew thier trash is truely no
My treasure.


My Olive jars renewed as nice lovely storage ideas
I love the look and cannot wait for my
Whole studio to refect this style


On to my organizing that has been going on
Over the last year
My laces and trims
315 Spools of ribbon
My greatest transformation of all my
Organizing



Fit into 3 picture boxes like this
I was so shocked
So pretty and easy to use


Larger lace storage easy to see and use
I went from this



To this nicely organized and easy to use system
Foam core boards purchased at the dollar store
Cut to size... perfect!


Now I leave you to look thru my blog
And all my fun creativness!
You will see a multitude of different
Crafts and Creations.



Happy Crafting to you all
Please check out all the lovely
Places where bloggers create


I hope this finds you in your studio, craft room or creative space
And inspires you to make this day
A special day..

Thanks for the visit
The door is always open
So please visit me again

DeeDee

37 comments:

Teddi said...

your space looks very clean & organized. i'm still trying to figure out what in the devil, you have on that hanger thingy.

http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

PeggyR said...

Well I love your room! Mine desperately needs cleaning. I've been working on that and will post pictures when it happens...lol!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Fabulous craft room!! I really like all your creative storage ideas!!


XXOO

Proper Prim said...

Now that is what I call organization... great job DeeDee. Everything looks fabulous. You are one of the most creative people I know.

What a great way to revamp those two chairs... love that.

Now wanna come and organize my work area, it is a disaster right now.

Have a wonderful weekend buddy... ttys.

Hugs, Deb

ShirleyC said...

Wow! DeeDee, I am so impressed! What a great place, and great organization.

Mosaic Magpie said...

DeeDee,
This is absolutly wonderful! I love that wall of storage, it would be great even if you didn't know where everything was! I love all the black and white, it looks so neat and fresh. The chair is really a genius idea! There is something missing from your space....me! I wish I was there to join in the fun!
Deb

Something Special said...

You have everything organized so well. I love your labels. You have many very good ideas here. i love it and i am shocked at how much storage space you have!

Sandra Kaye said...

hi DeDe , thanks for coming by to my blog. I just put up my studio. I love yours. Very organized. I like having stuff so I know were it is too. Have a great day. Chat with ya soon. Hey, do you do atc's?? I do. Sandie

Lotus said...

O my DeeDee!!!
What an amazing art room! I'm just drooling over here! I love that your storage shows you everything. My room is totally thrashed, but I love my stuff to be visible! lol!
Thank you sooo much for your sweet comment on my blog. I don't post too often and I'm thankful you still look. ; )
Lotus

marie said...

Great craft room!
Thanks for showing us the ribbon and lace organizing...what a wonderful idea!
I've never seen the chalkboard paper. That's a super idea too!

Your room is so organized. I'm sure it must be a joy to create in!

PS - LOVE the chair!!!

Tina said...

wow - I think your space is AWEsome - comparatively speaking I think I am so not in the same league as all the spaces out there...but it's mine and I own it.

Love that wall filled with clear storage - very neat...

hope you have time to stop by my blog and check out the horror of my space - lol..

have a great weekend
tina
embellishments by tina

Shirley Hudson - Hudson's Holidays said...

Your ribbons and lace organization are beautiful. I also love that you have tons of supplies just like me.
Shirley
Hudson's Holidays

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks great Dee Dee. Wow oh wow! That storage wall is absolutely amazing. I think you could open your own craft store. All of your projects are always so wonderful! Great idea for the computer chair. And the pickle jar storage containers are brilliant. I wish I had a space to organize all my stuff in. I have no clue what I have or where it is which makes it hard to craft so I am just sticking with crochet for the moment. Have a fabulous Friday. Tammy

Anonymous said...

Those little chalkboard labels are so cute! Such a great idea :D Your studio is very pretty, I really like the story about your chair :D Thanks for sharing!

~Alli

Vicki said...

What a great space you have! So organized. I can't believe how high that wall goes! Love the grill rack and how you organized your ribbon. I really need to do that with my lace and ribbon. Such a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Deedee, what a fun and organized place yup have! I enjoyed my visit!
Be blessed, Lorena

Rita Barakat said...

The olive jars motif is going to be fabulous - they are gorgeous! What A great sapce!

Claudia said...

Lovely space and so organized! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Totally delighted by all I've seen my friend. Very organized with fabulous walls to fill up high!

Thank you for sharing...loved it all.

xoRebecca

Karen Valentine said...

DeeDee please don't sell yourself short like that! I think your studio is every bit as good as any of the studios on the tour! The storage space is amazing and it's pretty too boot! This party would not have been the same without you! Thanks for joining us.
xo,
Karen

Maggie said...

The before and after shots of the ribbon and lace getting condensed to several boxes was great! And the 'great wall of storage"...wow!

maggie
http://www.themagrag.com

kluless said...

I think you should be congratulating yourself because this is an amazingly well organized studio! Plus I picked up two great ideas - I have been trying to figure out what to do about my ribbons and it never occured to me to take them off the spools and store them like the lace and trims. And chalkboard paper - who knew! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Dee Dee if your space doesn't compare to the others I don't think I can bring myself to look at them! It's amazing! :D

Unknown said...

I am so enjoying my little visits to everyone's creative spaces. So fun and inspiring...

And, your ribbon and lace are stored beautifully...love that!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That wall of organization/storage is fantastic, DeeDee! That is perfection to me and I only wish I had enough space to do something like that. Love the use of the magazine holders, too. I see you have a love for black and white like me. I love using harlequin, toile, etc., in my area and hope to have a room to do it all in soon! For now, the garage will have to do!

Terri said...

Now that's one creative space. Jammed backed with yummy goodness! TFS!!

Breana said...

Your space is awesome, you are so organized. I love the wall of storage. Thanks for sharing

Breana

Creative Grammie said...

Aloha Deedee,
You have a wonderful creative space! It's so well organized and you know where everything is.
Thank you for sharing such a great space.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I see several great ideas in your studio - especially your glue holder. I need me one of those!! Thanks for reminding me about the tour too. Can't wait to do some more exploring!

Unknown said...

I love that old china cabinet display piece of furniture. I can't see it really clearly but I bet it is a beauty when it's full of goodies. Your spot is fun and I bet it's fun for you to design your storage and collection spots. *smiles* Norma

Sara said...

Your space is as good as many others I have seen. Much more organised than mine. I love all your goodies too. Hugs Sara

Lisa said...

LOVE your studio! I could get lost in there! So many goodies to play with... I'll be there in a little while :-)
Such sweet pom you have! I love my little pom girls. They are so special. I'm sure you share that feeling.
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa

Valery Klassen said...

Wow, I love your creative studio. So many nice things to look at, wish I could see them all in person.

Lynette Killam said...

I love your space, Dee Dee! It's colourful and inspiring, and very accessible with all those containers. People tease me about being so organized but it just makes our life easier, doesn't it...LOL?

Great idea on the chair and ribbon hanger...:)

Terry said...

Your room is amazing! So much stuff and all so perfectly organized. I love the storage for your ribbon and lace. Thank you for sharing your wonderful space!
Terry

debi said...

WOW! What a great studio!

You have so much stuff!! I would love to come over and play!

And you've got me thinking about my ribbon and lace storage now. Love it on the foam board all nice and neat in the drawer. Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Can you come to my craft cottage and organize my ribbons? LOL
Love your studio!!!!!