Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cookies..Cookies and More Cookies...Blog Train..






Check back through my last several entries to see what makes the holidays special for me, the new fun crafts I made this year.my annual Christmas craft party .and share in my annual cookie swap with the recipe I used this year...we love to crumple these and eat them like cereal...

     I made 16 dozen cookies for a cookie swap at my work..the last time I got to do one of these only 9 ladies signed up...well it has grown......now we have to make 12 dozen to swap and I made 4 dozen to send home to kids. This is how I packaged them all up..These are the boxes from our last feed at work , containers from the Buffalo Wings and Rings. Everyone thought I was nuts carrying these boxes out they all wondered what I was doing with them..they were not fun to wash let me tell ya...lol...anyways I made Oatmeal Scottchies this year...



Oatmeal Scottchies recipe I used:

1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened



1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar


1 egg


1-1/4 cups flour


1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats


1 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder


1/4 cup milk


1/2 cup PLANTERS Pecan Pieces


1/2 cup butterscotch chips


1 Mashed bananas


PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat margarine and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.Add in Mashed banana.. Blend in the egg. Combine flour, oats and baking powder. Add to margarine mixture alternately with the milk, beating until well blended after each addition. Stir in the pecans and butterscotch chips.


DROP rounded teaspoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.


BAKE 12 to 15 min. or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.

Makes: About 4 doz. or 24 servings, 2 cookies each...

so at that you can tell I was baking for awhile uh...lol..glad I only do that once a year even know I love to bake


....Happy Holidays...

9 comments:

Venus said...

Not only a fun swap but YUMMY too! I bet you guys had the best time with this swap.

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

Happy Holidays to you too! Enjoy the party and the swap!
CHeers

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your recipe sounds yummy! I am writing this one down and will be giving it a try this week. It must be easy to make and bake if you managed to make that many of them. You are not only the crafting queen, you are the baking queen too! I can't keep up with you. Blessings for the rest of your weekend. :) Tammy

Glo said...

16 dozen cookies?! Oh my goodness! They sound delicious!

Pat's Addition said...

So excited ...we've been getting your snow all day! It looks like Christmas!

Unknown said...

Yummy! That sounds like a wonderful recipe. And I like oatmeal AND bananas

erin's art and gardens said...

16 DOZEN cookies?!?! holy moly! you go girl! I have never baked that much!! wonderful!
take care,
erin

Charlene said...

That's a LOT of cookies. I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies last week & enjoyed every bite. Wonder how hard those pounds will be to loose in January???? That's another day's problem COOKIES are just part of Christmas. We live close to each other... Wasn't the snow pretty coming down??? Even if it didn't last. Merry Christmas! Charlene

Brenda said...

dang and she bakes too!!!!WOW girl you are one busy lady! You are such a blessing to so many!!!
hugs
Brenda