Saturday, November 20, 2010

Iowa Hawkeye's

My kids are huge Iowa Hawkeye fans...so this year when I was up north on vacation I picked up some fabric...Iowa Hawkeye of course...fleece

first I made a hat and scraf for my son in law to take with him..so when in leasure time he can support his team...I have some fun little models to model these for you..

here is the scarf supported by the Lovely Danika


and the hat and scarf ensemble


and then brother Devin had to model too..so handsome isn't he...check out them dimples


arent't they just precious?
then my daughters friend that lives here by me but is from Iowa is going to have a baby boy so I made her a hat , blanket and mittens ensemble
here is the hat



then there is tradition..I made Quillo's for my daughter , my son in law and Danika, but poor little Devin had none...I couldn't figure out what to make his with...until I seen this Hawkeye fleece

folded as a pillow



and out as a Quillo...the little pocket for your feet...this one is 1/2 yard longer because we anticipate him to be as tall as his Daddy..


Well I think I got them all covered don't you..I do wish I had a bit more of this fabric...just incase I need a last minute gift...

" Go Hawkeyes!!"

thanks what my grandkids say...hehehe! gotta love them
DeeDee








5 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Glad to see you are keeping all the loved ones warm! Inside and out!
Debbie

Teddi said...

they R definitely the cutest ever! hope ur feelin better missy :)

Suzanne Thomsen Newsome said...

Wonderful Hawkeye gifts, DeeDee! Not a football fan, but if I were, I'd be torn because I was born and raised in Nebraska! Go Huskers. Go Hawkeyes. Whatever. :o)

Your grandkids are darling!!

Proper Prim said...

What adorable models... great gifts, I bet they will love them for a long time. Love the idea of doing the blanket with the pocket for feet... hmmm will have to try that.

Hope you are having a great weekend DeeDee...

Hugs, Deb

soggybottomflats said...

Did you have to pay your models..in hugs, hopefully! Very cute kids, lucky girl! Elaine

Hey, did you try Bear Paw Quilt Company for the fleece? They carry tons of school fleeces.