Thursday, November 11, 2010



Heroes Die for Me

by Jamie Burns



I am the flag

I look down upon this land called America .

I have been here since this great nation was formed,

I have seen each battle fought

I have seen the heroes die for me, for my country



Thank you all those of you

Who have kept me flying in the breeze

Keeping this country united as one.

Thank you those of you who have sacrificed your lives,

Giving up all that I may still fly,

Watching over the citizens of this nation.

Thank you all those of you who have ever fought,

I am ever grateful for you.



You risked everything; you faced death each day,

Faced fear, faced many terrible things.

And because of you, my thank you's ring out,

Filling the sky, echoing from the hills

They find their way to the graveyards,

And to all of you still living,

You are a special kind of person.

To anyone who has ever served this country,

And to those serving today

Thank you.



As I watch life from atop my flagpole,

As I think of all you've done,

My feelings become too powerful for words

And all I can say is thank you.


DeeDee








3 comments:

Proper Prim said...

How beautiful and fitting for such a memorable day. Thank you for posting this Dee Dee. We can never forget what our soldiers have done for us all.

Hugs, Deb

pchickki said...

So beautiful.
God Bless our Troops!!

Venus said...

God bless our soldiers!