Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pants Hanger Project


Ok the original idea was made using a 5 tier pants metal hanger with the arms that swing out...well I couldn't find one of those so I devised my own idea. using the hanger and clips shown in the pics below. Thanks to the lovely ladies at PCCrafter they gave the location to find the hangers so I could finally remove this idea from my brain and into reality. That is always a good thing to me. Another project done. Best part of this is I used up some of the supplies I had purchased for my daughters wedding stuff and couldn't return. Yay! I don't feel so bad now.

Supplies:

Pants hanger purchased at Wal-Mart 3 to a pack for $2.50

I used upholstery fabric from JoAnn's

Marron ball tassel purchased at Jo Ann's

Marron 1" ribbon for bows purchased at Jo Ann's

Top button purchased at JoAnn's

Small buttons purchased at Wal-mart

Dangler Clips purchased at Jo Ann's ( info for these shown below)

Grill rack purchased at thrift store ...can get them at Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot anywhere you can get grill replacement parts



I traced the hanger I had and made the pattern from paper, then cut out the fabric and assembled. wha-laa! my pretty ribbon hanger...I will make embroidery labels later on 1 for ribbon , 1 for lace..yep I need to make another one ...I am hoping to find racks that fit the width of the hanger.

Pants Hanger 3 for $2.50 at Wal-Mart



Isn''t she pretty...I have been using this for a couple weeks now..they get a bit tangled but not to bad..I love it enough I deorated it..lol..best thing is when not in use you can put a dress bag over it and hang it in the closet out of site and in a clean spot.

The Pretty Details

Full View
Dangler Clips by Darice- Jewelry Designs skew# 1969-99 purchased at JoAnn's Store . $3.99 for 21 pcs. I used several coupons on these.

have fun.





8 comments:

Nora said...

What a clever idea! How cool would that be covered in a vintage table cloth for a more country look? Uh oh, see what you've done...the wheels are turning now! *LOL*
Great job & thanks for sharing!
~hugs~

Brenda said...

WOW DEEDEE!!! This is soooo AWESOME!!! I so wish you didn't live sooo far away I would LOVE to craft with you!
You also got me to thinkin ....oh no we are in trouble now!!lol
hugs
Brenda

Paula said...

What a cute project DeeDee. I think its as pretty as can be. Love it!

Terri said...

Oh wow!! I love that! What a good idea! Thanks for sharing! Terri

Joy said...

Thanks DeeDee for sharing your idea. It is very pretty!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

So clever and perfect execution! Love the damask and the trim. So sweet!

Embellished Bayou said...

What a cool idea!! Thanks for sharing on my blog and entering my giveaway!

jaime @ a place out west said...

Great project! My ribbons always seem to end up in a tangled mess; I love this!