Thursday, July 16, 2009

Frog in My Garden


Here is my garden keeper, he is my garden frog. he waters my garden and Lucky every evening... I also have a friend named Mel that is getting married soon, they are combining households and she had about 50 yards of Tulle from doing wedding and floral works...she asked if I wanted it and I said sure not knowing exactly what I would do with it...well right away I figured out one use...the birds are eating my tomatoes like crazy...so I devised this netting to keep them away..it works wonderfully well and adds a bit of wimsy to my garden..what do ya think,.....lol...I need to make me a thing to hold a tarp over the entire top of my garden for shading to carry my garden thur two cycles here. that will be my fall project I believe. I want to eat my own tomaotes and not share.. I am stingy that way......

3 comments:

Terri said...

Love the frog, DeeDee & what a great idea to cover your tomatoes!! Nothing is better than fresh tomatoes out of the garden!! Terri

Unknown said...

The frog is way cute! Beats a sprinkler anyday.. Hey, did you know that you should cover your leaf lettuce with cheesecloth to keep it from tasting bitter as it matures? (I remember that from my Mom's garden!)
MJ

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Brilliant idea! Has it worked so far? What cha gonna make with them. I love making homemade spaghetti sauce and freezing jars for future use. Hmmm, maybe I'll do that this weekend. ;-)