Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mosaic Boy's Bank


I have been back to the glass shop again...and we made this lovely glass block.... I made mine into a back for my grandson...I don't often get to craft for him so this was a pleasure for sure..I love how it turned out and it will be in the mail to him before you even see this post...I have been frequenting the glass shop learning many many new things working with glass...I just love it and it is very relaxing to me...anyways here is what i created 

not clear finished but the glass work is done....



now on to the embellishments and get this bank done

the front



the back, see thru


fun details on this one



don't you just love the little feet..and the dragon fly and the way you can see the money thru the back....I had so much fun making this I surely hope he likes it...

Enjoy your day....try working with glass it is easy and tons of fun..I bet you have a fun glass shop in your town too..


DeeDee

6 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Dee Dee:
You did a beautiful job. I'm sure your grandson is going to love and treasure it! You're getting to be quite the glass expert, girlfriend!
xoxo
Donna

LINDA said...

WOW!!This is so awesome..Love it!!
Hugs, Linda

Jody said...

gosh, I sure love this idea.
it does get hard to find cute or new ideas for boys and men ;o)

Teddi said...

a sweet gift from a sweet grandma. deedee the dragonfly turned out lovely.

Concetta said...

Hello Dee Dee, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments about the grave mosaic. Lovely to see you are working with glass and mosaic too - so absorbing isn't it? See you again. Concetta

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Dee Dee, love that bank and I know your grandson will too. You are learning so many wonderful things. How lovely to see that you did the ATC swap with my aunt. She's the one I stay with when I go to Michigan during the summer. She sent me an email about it but the timeline was 3 weeks and mail from this side of the world takes 4-6 weeks (if ever). Not reliable at all. I knew I wouldn't make it in time. I see that she did a lovely card and used a calendar page for the envelope. Fun and creative! I love your front entryway! Definitely inviting Best wishes to you for a beautiful day. Tammy