Monday, June 21, 2010

Buttons, Buttons and More Buttons


I have been wanting to do this for some time...well that time has come...didn't take as long as I would have expected thou. I sorted all my buttons by color.....oh my do I have tons of them in every shape and color....take a look see...























Whew!...now I can find what I am looking for in just the right color...so glad this chore is done...and I bet I can use these way better than I could all spread out....This is a batch of buttons from 3 generations...my grandmother, my mother and mine all mixed together as one ....I tried hard not to look at every single one as I sorted...but this didn't work very well...lol..I had hoped for more glass buttons than I found in there...but what can one say...I have some still left on thier original cards too...

Man I have lots of buttons...

what is your obsession....how do you organize it...

enjoy your day

DeeDee


7 comments:

Venus said...

Wonderful! You have an awesome collection of buttons. There's something magical about sifting through old buttons. I use mine in crafting although I don't have near the amount you have. I have mine stored, by color, in a handful of canning jars and set on a shelf.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Dee Dee:
If you'll send me the "rose cameo" button in the ninth photo, I'll make something special FOR YOU with it. (It's perfect for a particular item I've been making.)

When I'm sorting buttons and Handsome walks in, he says I remind him of Scrooge McDuck in his counting house!
Always gets a giggle out of me.

Have a great day, sweetie.
Hugs,
Donna

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! You do have just a couple of buttons! I aspired to be there someday...I just love buttons!! I'm not sure why they hold such a fascination for me but they do!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! You do have a lot of buttons. My kids would have sorted them for you for a small fee. Ha! :) Love your soldered ornaments too. Especially that copper heart one. I love hearts! Best wishes for your week. Tammy

Diana Ferguson said...

Glad you found Texas-Blogging Gals! Will get you on the next updated list.

Enjoyed a first visit. Following......

Come see me at my personal blog, too, real soon.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Dee Dee,
oh, your buttons look so yummi -
jut something about buttons.
Thanks for posting my giveaway.
Have a wonderful day and good luck!
Hugs,
Marie

Lorianna said...

Hi Dee Dee

LOVE your button collection
Don't have much of one, but my MIL does and she's not giving them up yet!!!!! She's 90 LOL

hugs Lorianna