Sunday, June 20, 2010

Glass Solder Ornaments..

I went visitng the glass shoppe again....this time we made ornaments. I wanted to learn a bit of decorative solder but we ran out of time...I love the one I got done and the other one will be done soon...I did however learn to use the copper patina...I love gold color better than silver so I was pretty jazzed about this... This first one I made with lots of wire works and marbles...I love it...simple but elegant







and look at this fun copper color...



this one will be done soon....when it is I will repost it for you to see....they are both so sparkly...I think I might etch on them.  Didn't post a picture this time of me holding my finished project because it was so warm in the shop that I was ringing wet by the time I was done creating..so we headed to Olive Garden for dinner and drinks...yum...margarittaville....lol..gonna be a long summer here in Texas..next time I will carry my own fan with me...

enjoy your Fathers Day weekend...
I send my prayers to my dad up in heaven that he knows I still love him lots..
and I feel him with me.


DeeDee

7 comments:

June said...

Ohhh Deedee, you are such a clever cookie, i could never imagine making anything as gorgeous as these, what a beautiful design and great idea.
have a lovely sunday
hugs June xxx

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

That's so cool!! I just love stained glass ~ I have a couple of stained glass ornaments that I have been given over the years and I've always wished I knew how they were made so I could create some myself. Yours are beautiful!!

Teddi said...

i think these R my fav glass things u've shown, yep

Charlene said...

DeeDee, Love your new solder pieces! And the patina's ARE fun to work with aren't they? It's great that you continue to take classes! My Daddy is gone too & I miss him so on days like this. Does it ever get better?

Thank you for your sweet words about my studio when you visited today. I have had my GRANDS all weekend & am just now begining to visit but, it is my goal to go to each site & see each studio. Have a great week. Charlene

Proper Prim said...

Oh yes... these are so sweet... love both of them... I really like the marbles. Simply gorgeous, great job.

Hugs, Deb

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Beautiful work, my friend. You're really gettin' good at this!
Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Love the new Father's day glass works D.! Look forward to seeing more of those. Thanks so much for sharing too.

Connie.