Friday, March 25, 2011

Glass Jewel Box

We have done these before but I so love them...
I was excited to make another one...
good deal to...
I had forgotten how to do the hinge..!!
important part right..

here is the  Link  to my first jewel box
made at the

Merry Go Round Glass Shop

and here is my second try


and some side details..
 the embellishments
are not attached yet
I took the little flower center and had Vicki
fuse it so it rounded out nicely
then had to glue all the fun parts on



I cannot make one without legs for some reason..

Don't you love the teal colors
so soft and pure

my freind Sandy found this fun little gem
in one of the scrap boxes
at the shop



I Love her color choices too

then one of the other guests pulled this beauty out
she found it at Hobby Lobby
won't this look so lovely on the
rounded front of this box
I had to get me one too
don't ya know.



I need to make a few more of these
just for the fun of it..

Have a great day

DeeDee

4 comments:

Valspierssews said...

The boxes are really pretty. You do a lot of different things!

Mosaic Magpie said...

The boxes all look great and I love that flower thing from Hobby Lobby....what is it?
I have made lots of stained glass but never have made a box, I will have to give it a try!
Deb

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What lovely boxes!! I love the little feet too - a nice finishing touch that makes it look even more elegant.

Teddi said...

beautiful boxes! how's that for alliteration?