Sunday, February 28, 2010

MIrror Accents

     I wanted to make my master bath room mirror stand out and look prettier than the normal mirrors that come with your new house...I love distressed wood. So when I seen this idea at one of my favorite blogs I had to do it...I loved the results alot...just what my big mirror needed....and oh so easy too.. best part is if I don't like it I just pull it off no mars, nothing....all good in the design word. Mine is a bit different than how they did thiers...mine is simpler...lol...I have another treatment I did to the center top of my mirror.

Find thier version at Shanty 2 Chic

and here is my version......


the supplies, I painted with black flat acrylic paints bought at Bobby Lobby onto these wood accents



then sanded them a bit and attached Fun-Tak to the back..be careful with this because, if to close to the edge and you will see it..and ifg you notice it is blue.



then my finished results...Lovely



   looks like it is finished off now...what a great little accent, and removable so if I ever move they come with me to decorate my next mirror. Try you hand at a small project that makes a big difference.

Enjoy your day...
DeeDee


4 comments:

The Nostalgic Scrapper said...

Greetings...
Thanks for dropping by and playing along...
This project you did looks great!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a nifty little idea to spruce up an otherwise plain mirror. Love all your keychains and charm bracelets too. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Sri Lanka was fabulous! And now it is back to the real world. Have a great week. :) Tammy

nancy huggins said...

What a neat idea..now I need to search for some ideas to spruce up my bathrooms...but will wait until after we move and see what I can do in next house.
Thank you for sharing your Great ideas:)
Nancy

MsJay said...

Nice project.