Friday, December 3, 2010

A Chair Re-Do

My friend Barbra was giving me the tour of her new black and white bathroom when I noticed that the vanity chair she had in there didn't match....I asked her if I could do some work to it....she had it loaded and in my car in no time flat...lol....she had some fabric which she was making the curtains from and I snatched a piece of that to cover the seat...I wanted to do the Childs Toile' that she had in her bathroom already..thats where my idea come form

here is her chair before



She liked it because it has this little compartment to store things in



and here is her chair after it was re-done


and the same inside little compartment
this will contain a surprise for her when it returns


here little surprise is some small little perfume bottles I was getting rid of...you see she is a collector or perfume bottles...perfect match


I had a whole different idea of how I wanted to do this chair...with some small children toile'  and pom-poms and braid.....with damask print on the inside of the seat...

but this fabric just didn't go along with this design...so I am in search of a chair that I can now re-do like this...you know you get the idea in your head and it won't leave until you make it..

I hate when that happens ...lol...not really cause it is how I create...

Happy Crafting.
DeeDee


6 comments:

Ascension said...

La silla te ha quedado fantastica, seguro que en la proxima puedes conseguir tu idea.
El detallito le va a encantar y sorprender.
Esos perfumes seguro que le gustan.
besitos ascension

Proper Prim said...

Alright Dee Dee... that is the exact chair I have that I redid last year. Now I want to redo it, yours looks fabulous. Your friend is going to be thrilled, inside and out.

Have a great weekend Dee Dee...

Hugs, Deb

BiWuBär said...

That's really a great chair - one can never have enough storage space... ;O) I think it fitted perfect after your redoing it...

Have a great weekend!
Birgit

Sue said...

You've done a beautiful job. I'd love to see the underneath of the seat lined with black and white gingham. I love toile and gingham together, can't help it I'm a traditionalist

Anonymous said...

DeeDee that is truly gorgeous - I thought I may have made the wrong decision on my impending black and white bedroom curtains but no - I love that chair! Well, except I love the material a little too much and think it's nicer than the one I bought! ;D

Terria said...

OH Dee you are so creative I love how the chair turned out.