Monday, July 12, 2010

Coming Home....

My friend Gayle and I have been going to the Mosaic Shop in Waxahachie for almost 6 years now....she started this Rooster about 5 years ago and it has sit on display in thier shop for all this time...Well we decided it was finally time for him to come home... We don't make our outings so far away anymore. I miss the shop for all the fun ideas and such, but we have moved on to other adventures for now..

So to document such a special day I had to take pictures....here he is leaving for his new home fianlly ...unfinished he is but this will allow for some additional work to be done on him..He will be a designer piece for sure one day soon.


he is all strapped in for the hour drive home



here is part of our new adventure...still working with glass but in a new direction



Gayle and I haven been crafting together since the day she became my first trainer at the Railroad. Our talents only mulitply when we get together.  We have added a new partner in Crime named Sandy now and our Sundays and atleast two Thursdays are craft days....now you know why I haven't been posting so often...my friends and I spend atleast 2 days a week mostly crafting away...projects are bigger so taking a bit longer to get done...Sandy is a Jewelry maker, Gayle a painter/seamstress and me the multi-crafter in many fields..... what a great team and I truely enjoy my time spent crafting with them.

hope you have some fun friends to spend your off time with as I do

DeeDee

5 comments:

Cindy said...

How wonderful that you have a couple of crafty friends to work with! It really gets the creative juices flowing doesn't it? Plus you get the company of like minded people. Hope you have fun.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Can't wait to see what you guys get done!!

Jody said...

cannot wait to see it all finished in his new attire ;o)

Proper Prim said...

Dee Dee I am so happy to see you are having some fun. Isn't it wonderful when you have a common bond... it sure does make some interesting creations. I can't wait to see what you have been up to, I am sure it is all wonderful.

Hugs, Deb

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Dee Dee, you are so lucky to have friends to craft with. Sounds like you've been really busy lately. We just got back from NC this evening. I have lots of catching up to do and clothes to wash before our next trip on the 18th. Best wishes, Tammy