Friday, August 13, 2010

My Soldier

 I have a Son-in-Law that is being deployed to Aphganistan soon....I made him a gift to carry in his pocket while there...it is a yellow lace ribbon I made to show him I supported his efforts. I love him with my whole heart. He is the man that married my daughter and fathered my grandkids....and he is our gaurentee for freedom...I love him, I respect him, I will keep my prayers for him and here to ask you to help me do all this..
this next year will be tough for me and my family...I am at a loss...I have not had this experience myself to help guide my child thru this. I just hope I can give them the love, and support that is right.


This is Gabe and his son..supporting the USA flag. His son is a minnie me. So identical to his daddy.
If any one wants to help me support him while he is over please contact me and we will work something out...it would be greatly appreciated.
but mostly please keep him and his family in your prayers.
thanks Gabe.

sending my support

the yellow ribbon was made on my embroidery machine..called stand alone lace..I have made many of these for friends and thier children...this is a first for someone so close to my heart.

DeeDee

6 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

DeeDee,
The "ribbon" can be kept in his pocket for a reminder to him that he is loved and needed back home.
Debbie

Nora said...

It's lovely DeeDee. I'm sure he'll carry that with as much pride and honor as he does the title of American Soldier.
My prayers will be with him & his family until his safe return.
♥hugs♥

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Dee Dee,

What handsome guys and a beautiful give of love. My cousins son-in-law is in Iraq but was able to be home for the birth of his second daughter.

Sending thoughts and prayers to you and yours, Tammy

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Hi DeeDee. I will will contact you and do what I can. My husband spent24 years in the Air Force.It was allot different I can kind of understand
By the way I'm in the ATC swap Hope I get you one of the swaps .I sent mine couple days ago for orange. Laura Q

pchickki said...

Dee Dee thanks for stopping by my blog . Yes I hope we get to swap too!

I will be having a swap on my blog soon and would be happy if you would join so keep an eye out for it.

Your blog is lovely and I love all of your crafts. You are a very talented lady.

Have a great weekend. Hope to hear from you again soon.
Hugs
Patti

pchickki said...

Dee Dee thanks for stopping by my blog.
Yes I hope to swap with you someday too.
I will be having a swap on my blog soon so keep an eye out for it.

Your blog is lovely and I love all of your crafts. You are a very talented lady.

Your family is beautiful and I will pray for your son in laws safe return.

Have a great weekend
Hugs
Patti