Sunday, August 29, 2010

Finally Vacation Arrives...

The Journey to see my son in law off to Aphganistan....was a 14 hour tirp...road construction, road construction, road construstion...every where road construction. UGH! And very hot too..this is Bentley's first trip with us...so he is sitting up in anticipation..I told him he would get to see the kids...this is a good thing for a doggie.



then he had some lunch




which made him a little bit tired.Oh Yawn..



ok Bentley and Lucky agree, its nap time...
aren't they so cute together.



Bentley is getting concerned..."Are We There yet", he says



even know we left early in the morning it was almost sunset when we were pulling into our destination city..



man this Momma is tired, 14 hours driving alone is a test of patiences for sure...but Bentley was an awseome travel buddy for Little Lucky. We drew attention everywhere we stopped ...
So I need me some sleep cause come morning time the day will be filled with sad hearts  for our troops leaving thier familes..fighting the war for our freedom...

Please keep them all in your prayers...and I will say a special one for my
Sgt. Riley.

see ya tomorrow.

DeeDee

7 comments:

Venus said...

Prayers being sent up for our soldiers!!! Bentley and Lucky are adorable. Glad they made the trip with no problems.

Teddi said...

DD that pic of ur dog is delightful sooo cute!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

God bless you Dee Dee. I can't believe you did 14 hours by yourself. With or without company, that's a lot. We broke up our trip from Michigan to NC because more than 8-9 hours is too much for me. Your fur babies are just the cutest. My 11 year old was the one who kept saying "Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?" Construction all throughout Michigan drove me crazy and is where I got my speeding ticket. Ugh! Wishing you and your family all the best. Blessings, Tammy

Wendy said...

Glad you had the doggies for company, and I can see why they attracted attention! Praying for Riley what a sad day, seeing a loved one go into harms way. I will pray for his safe return SOON.
Debbie

Proper Prim said...

Prayers for you sweetie and your daughter and especially your son in law and the children. Oh this is such a sad day for all of you. Please give my love and appreciation to your SIL and tell him THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. He is truly a saint, along with all the others there and going the ones going with him.

Dee Dee I am here sweetie, if you ever need to talk email me.

Love ya girlfriend you stay safe.

Hugs, Deb

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR DeeDee,
THE PICTURES OF BENTLEY AND LUCKY TURNED OUT ADORABLE. YOU CAN TELL THEY ENJOY TRAVELING.
BUT 14 HOURS IS A LONG TIME TO TRAVEL WHEN YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO TRAVEL WITH, LET ALONE TRAVEL THAT FAR WITH JUST YOUR FUR BABIES.
I SO ENJOYED MEETING YOU AND I WILL TALK ABOUT SGT. RILEY IN THE NEXT POST. GOD BLESS AND PROTECT HIM AND HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Anonymous said...

Your dogs are just adorable - I had a pom as a girl - he was so cute and really bright!