Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Victorian Advent Calendar




   I went to a crop with a local scrapbook club and we worked on these advent calendars...I have not made one of these before but mine quickly started to come together into a form that I just loved. And I used up lots of little things I had in my stash. The lace corners are from a christmas bulb cover gone bad, now saved and reused, the red buld that makes number 18 has a earring hook that broke off a old one I had, now it is the bulb hook....I just love this...all the squares are on magnets so they can be removed...I will work on this more when I get my family picture done...So when you remove the very last square you will see a picture of me and my family with a holiday greeting...


   So it will serve double duty as a advent calendar and holiday picture frame all in one...I will be making a match box to hold all my squares safely as they are removed each day of December...and also noticed this can be used year after year....it is timeless....Happy Holidays....

6 comments:

Venus said...

Love your advent calendar. Does each square have a surprise picture underneath? you'll have to post and let us know how your cookie exchange went. Did you get pictures!

Proper Prim said...

How adorable... so many interesting little pieces... I love it.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh my! DeeDee, your advent calendar is adorable! It's so great that you could use up things that others might throw away. Did you make it in a cookie sheet? Looks so very cool. Hope you are having a great day! :) Tammy

Jody said...

What is not to love? a fantastic Advent calendar and using your little "cannot throw away" treasures to create it.... giggle..... Dee, you are the best ;o)

LINDA said...

WOW!! This is Fantastic..So much work must have went into this..Love it..
Hugs, Linda

Brenda said...

love it!! You did an awesome job on this!
hugs
Brenda