Friday, May 29, 2009

A Wedding Gift with Family History


I made this cross with mementos from the Mothers in our family and one item from a Grandfather (my father) for my daughters wedding...The wedding didn't take place like planned but will in the future..Thus the meaning of the Soul Mates in the center. The watch parts are from her Grand-fathers watch, the string of pearls is a necklace from her Great-Grandmother, the silver gem button upper right corner is from the jacket of her Great-Great-Grandmother, the wedding couple is from her Grandmothers jewerly box, the silver button in the center is what I used to adorn her other wedding items...the silver hearts are from me ( her mother)...it signifies the hearts of a mother and daughter......always linked...love one another always.....


6 comments:

Brenda said...

WOW DEE DEE!! So much thought went into this piece I am sure it will become a cherished treasure!!
It is an amazing piece of art!
Please email me so I can get you that stepping stone pattern ....couldn't find your email any where. Mine is under About Me
hugs
Brenda

Vicki said...

I love it! What a beautiful treasure!

Paula said...

OMG Dee Dee That is so beautiful and what a treasure. Sure gives me a idea for a gift. Love it!

Angie Moses said...

what a cool gift, you amaze me with your ideas and talent

Andrea said...

Stunning! No other word can describe it.

Brenda said...

I have somthing for you on my blog!!!
hugs
Brenda
email me if you want a copy of those patterns so I can get them mailed out